2. List 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
4. Pick 5 - 10 new bloggers (must have less than 300 followers) to nominate and ask them 11 new questions. Do not re-nominate the blogger that nominated you.
5. Go to each new blogger’s site and inform them of their nomination.
To learn more about the Liebster Award, check out this post by Lorraine Reguly.
11 random facts about myself
2. My favourite food is pizza.
3. I am a Buddhist.
4. I wear a nose stud, but my ears aren’t even pierced.
5. I’ve got a German and a Sri Lankan middle name: Gisela Sarangie.
6. I love all animals (apart from cockroaches, mosquitoes and of course spiders).
7. I love singing along to songs although I don’t exactly have a singer’s voice.
8. If I could, I’d have a huge house and garden and share it with dozens of cats, dogs, birds, rabbits, farm animals and more.
9. I don’t like talking on the phone.
10. My husband is my life.
11. I’m an only child.
Questions asked by Marie
1) I wanted to become a brain surgeon when I was a child.
2) I don’t know how to ride a bicycle.
3) I love strawberries but I don’t like food with strawberry flavour (ice-cream, yoghurt, sweets etc).
2. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would do?
I would fly to Germany and buy a nice house somewhere close to Munich, so we could spend our summers there and the winters in Sri Lanka. I'd also donate to charity and animal welfare.
3. Looking over the last ten years, what is one goal you have achieved and one that you have not achieved?
Achieved: becoming my own boss by starting a business. Not achieved: travelling abroad.
4. What are your plans for retirement? And will you travel, if so where and why?
I don’t think I want to change much. I work from home and love what I’m doing, and I can’t see myself ever stopping to write. It wouldn’t really make sense to 'retire'. And though I love learning languages and getting to know about different countries and cultures, I’m not really a travelling person.
5. Favorite drink on a Friday night?
I don’t drink alcohol. If I had to choose something, fresh fruit juice – mango or passion fruit, for example – would be lovely.
6. What do you think the secret is to a good marriage or relationship with a significant other is?
Being honest, being loyal, making compromises, and being yourself. Love is important, too.
7. Name three words that describe your personality.
Creative, caring, honest
8. Home-cooked meal or take-out?
Well, home-cooked is much healthier, but I get that all the time, and I tire of it. So, let’s have some pizza, pasta, French fries or short eats. ;-)
9. When was the last time you blogged and what was the topic?
A few days ago on my author page. Check out "5 things we can learn from dogs".
10. What do you think the key is to happiness?
It depends on the kind of happiness you seek (job, private, general, marriage) and what makes you happy. All in all, I think it’s important to be true to yourself, to have patience, and to work for it instead of waiting for it to happen – because it won’t.
11. Who is your favorite poet and why?
I don’t really have a favourite poet. There are many whose work I treasure, although I mostly just know a couple of poems per writer. My current favourite poem is "She walks in beauty" by Lord Byron because I love the way he uses language to create a magical atmosphere.
Questions asked by Devika
My Liebster Nominations
2. Aarti V Raman http://www.aartivraman.blogspot.in/
3. Prachi Percy Sharma http://www.thecrimocopoiea.blogspot.in/
4. Reet Singh http://www.reetsingh.in/
5. Deepti Menon http://deepties.blogspot.in/
6. Summerita Rhayne http://summeritarhayne.wordpress.com/
7. Corinne Schwenk http://disabledandproud.net/
Acharya Swaroop would also like to participate.