Book-wise, 2015 was exciting and kind to me.
- The year started with a bang because Mike Wells and I published our FORBDDEN Trilogy, a coauthored romantic thriller that went on to become a bestseller.
- Shortly after that, I made another dream come true by publishing a novel set in Sri Lanka, where part of my roots lie. SAVED IN SRI LANKA is very close to my heart and many readers have told me they felt as if they had visited the island through the book. I really wanted to write an interracial / multicultural romance novel, and this was my first try and the kick-off to the Romance Round the World series.
- A short story of mine with a magical / paranormal twist was included in a multi-author anthology by Faraaz Kazi. You can read “Return to Escapeland” in the eBook or paperbook version of “LOVE: Lots Of Volatile Emotions”.
- I participated in the Blogging from A to Z Challenge for the first time, writing one blog post each day during April in alphabetical order about the topic LOVE. If you search my blog for “A to Z Challenge”, the posts will pop up.
- I stuck to my plan and wrote more poems. You can read some of them here, here, and here.
- I became an Amazon bestselling author with several of my novels, including my debut “When I See Your Face”, which can be downloaded for free here.
- In December, I published Books 2 and 3 to my paranormal romance novel “Playing with Fire”. The complete FIRE TRILOGY is now out, and I’m proud of it.
So, what’s in store 2016? Of course I can’t be sure what will happen, but I have planned a few things.
- I want to finish “Seduced in Spain” by January. It’s another contemporary romance novel for the Romance Round the World series and I’m having huge fun writing it.
- Stay tuned for a new series of rural romance that has taken shape in my mind and won’t leave me alone. I can’t wait to share more about the EAGLY SPRINGS novels!
- The first novel of the WATER Trilogy is calling me back. I wrote about half of it before giving in to Felicia’s (the main character’s) complaints and getting the FIRE Trilogy out first. It’s called “Deep Water” and features my definition of mermaids.
As for general New Year’s resolutions, I don’t really ‘do’ those because I don’t need the dawn of a new year to make plans, initiate changes or follow through with something. I want to share more about Sri Lanka on social media, and I want to buy and read more paperbacks again. Watch out for the posts tagged #OnlyInSriLanka on Facebook and Twitter.
Feel free to share in the comments what made 2015 special to you, and what you’ve planned for 2016. HAVE A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR!